Australian Taxation Office
Free tax seminars
The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) is conducting seminars for small business via webinar.
Webinars are online seminars that allow you to participate in seminars from the convenience of your home, or wherever you can access a suitable computer.
Tax basics for small business
Who should attend?
Small business operators, and those just starting or thinking about starting a new business, should consider participating in these free tax webinars.
Why should you attend?
You will learn about tax issues relevant to owning and operating a small business and receive practical tips for your business.
What will be covered?
Each of the webinars will explore a specific tax issue for small business, including:
- Tax basics introduction
- Income tax deductions
- Home-based business
- Motor vehicle deductions
- Concessions for small business
- Activity statement essentials
- Goods and services tax
- Budgeting and record keeping
- Small business assistance
- Employer obligations overview
- Super obligations for employers
- Issues for contractors
For a more detailed description of each webinar, full schedule or to register please visit ato.gov.au/busreg
The ATO’s other webinar programs:
Rental property owners
The ATO runs one-hour webinars for owners and prospective rental property owners on the following two topics:
1) Tax issues when buying and owning a rental property
2) Tax issues when selling a rental property
Trustees of SMSFs
The ATO runs one-hour webinars for trustees of self-managed super funds on these three topics:
1) Self-managed super funds for trustees - an overview
2) Self-managed super funds - accepting contributions and managing investments
3) Self-managed super funds - accessing your super
For further information on these programs and to register visit: ato.gov.au/seminars
To view our previous Tax Tips, click here.